You have no items in your shopping cart.
Our Nut Trees are grown and handled by world renown growers. It is our mission to provide the best and healthiest trees in the country. We pride ourselves on our customer relations. We aim to please you, our valued customer. Rest assured when ordering through lemoncitrustree.com. Prefer to place your order over the phone? Call us at: 229-299-5555
At LemonCitrusTree.com All of Our Trees are:
- On Sale! Up to 60% Off the Regular Price
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- 90 Day Warranty
- Includes Grower's Pot & Soil for Free, Save Up to $20! (Some Restrictions Apply)
NOTE: Not all of our trees can be shipped through out the entire country due to agricultural relations.
The Chinese Chestnut tree is steadily becoming more popular to grow in the United States due to its high resistance to diseases that are plaguing the American Chestnut Tree. The Chinese Chestnut grows delectable sweet chestnuts that have become a favorite for roasting during the holidays and used in recipes such as turkey stuffing and salads. The canopy of the Chinese Chestnut grows round and dense making it a wonderfully pretty shade tree. The tree requires a pollinator of the same type, so we recommend that you acquire a minimum of two trees for nut production. The Chinese Chestnut can also take whatever winter throws at it! It can withstand a whole winter of below-freezing temperatures and return back to its former glory in the Spring. Due to their moderate growth rate, you can only keep them in a container for a couple of years before needing to plant in the ground.
- USDA Growing Zones: 4-9
- Mature Height: 40-60 Feet
- Mature Spread Width: 40-60 Feet
- Years to Bear Pecans: 4-6 Years
- Harvest Period: Sept-Oct
- Growth Rate: Moderate, 12 to 24 Inches per year
- Moisture Requirement: Average, Drought Tolerant
- Soil Requirement: Loamy & Well Draining
- Sun Exposure: Full Sun
- Cold Hardiness: -20 Degrees (Fahrenheit)